Nov 9, 2010

One man's trash

..is another mans woman's treasure..

Saturday morning I was driving to my CPR class and I saw a car parked with two antique chairs and two side tables in front of it.  I was late to class so I was sad that I couldn't stop by and at least take a better look at them.  On the way back from class I was sure that they were gone.  Nope.  They were still there!!  So I swerved and hopped out of my car. (Literally.)  I bet the cars behind me thought I was a mad woman. 

What do you think?  I envision them with bronze wood and some beige-ish brown velvet upholstering.  The side table is a weird shade of pink marble, but I think that I would have replaced it with glass on top instead.  The seller told me that there was actually a sofa and coffee table that matched the set but it was too big to cary in his car.  Soooooooo, after talking to the guy for a minute and weighing my pros and cons this is what I came up with:

Pro's:
I can DIY it
Affordable price
Comes with multiple pieces
I love it

Con's
I have no where to put it!

You see, we currently live in an apartment and hopefully will move into a house sometime next year.  But in the mean time where am I supposed to put them?  And what if the house I get doesn't have a formal living room.  I don't think I'd like to use these for everyday living.

In the end, I got the sellers name and number and told him I'd discuss it with my husband and call him back.  As much as I really liked the set, I don't think it's in the cards for me.  (Insert pouty face here.)  I'm hoping by the time we do buy a home I can  find something similar on craigslist.  Until then, I have this picture to admire.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by, I'd love to hear from you! XOXO

Next Next Next