Nov 16, 2010

Vintage Mannequins

I wish I had a vintage mannequin to make putting outfits together a little bit easier.  Plus, it would make sewing easier and more creative.  I think they are such cute accent pieces and I'm sure I'd put it to good use!  
I think I'd prefer it to be a simple solid color, that way the outfits wouldn't seem too busy because of the fabric.


But then again, look at how cute these are!
Look at that corset, I'm swooning!!

These are from PB Teens, love it!

  I wonder if there's a way I can DIY this, hmmm any suggestions?

6 comments:

  1. These are lovely! I'd love to have one of those in my bedroom. You have an adorable blog and I just wanted to say hello :) Maybe we could follow each other!

    - the runaway

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh gosh I wish there was a DIY! This is such a tredy/creative idea :) If you figure out a way please, please share!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous blog, I love your style!

    Maryjane xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a full size dressmaker form in my bedroom that stays wrapped in scarves and necklaces that I love but if you want one that fits your body for actual sewing here's a great, simple DIY one that won't cost you an arm and a leg (sorry!) like a custom one can. It's not pretty but it really works! I found it here:
    http://etsylabs.blogspot.com/2007/03/dress-form-tutorial-want-to-make-exact.html

    Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the link! I've considered that DIY too. I think I'm going to give it a shot over my Xmas break, I'll post on how it goes! Thanks for stopping by! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I'd love to hear from you! XOXO

Next Next Next