I love Biscotti's but for some reason I usually don't buy them much. Actually, I know why I don't buy them much..because I would probably devour them within days. (Kind of like those mini reese's..whoops). I found this recipe for a Brownie Biscotti and seriously, my mouth is watering! It uses Ghirardelli Chocolate..need I say more?
Here's the recipe:
|VIA Continental Mills|
Brownie Biscotti (VIA Continental Mills)
1, 20 oz package or 1 pouch Ghirardelli Double Chocolate Brownie Mix1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened1 egg2 egg whites1/2 teaspoon baking powder1/2 teaspoon almond extract1/2 cup white chocolate chips1/2 cup slivered almonds
Preheat oven to 350°F. In large bowl, place Ghirardelli Double Chocolate Brownie Mix, flour, butter, egg, egg whites, baking powder and almond extract. Using an electric mixer, blend on low speed until dough is formed. Add white chocolate chips and nuts and continue to mix on low speed 30 seconds. Divide dough into 2 balls. With floured hands, shape each piece into flat 12x2 1/2-inch loaf. Place 4-inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 25-30 minutes. Cool 20 minutes. Cut each loaf diagonally into 3/4-inch slices. Place cut-side down on ungreased cookie sheets. Bake 16-18 minutes or until biscotti are firm to the touch.Makes about 30 biscotti.
I love Starbuck's Pumpkin Spice Latte! Too bad they are only seasonal.
But never fear! I've found a recipe that looks promising!
|VIA sisters running the kitchen|
Pumpkin Spice Latte (VIA Sisters Running the Kitchen)
- 1 cup milk
- 1 T canned pumpkin
- 1/2 T- 1 T of sugar
- 1 T vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 C strongly brewed coffee (I bought the VIA starbucks packets)
- In a saucepan combine milk, pumpkin and sugar and cook on medium heat, stirring, until steaming. Remove from heat, stir in vanilla and spice, transfer to a blender and process for 15 seconds until foamy. If you don’t have a blender, just whisk the mixture well with a wire whisk or shake in a glass jar (with lid on!).
- Pour into a large mug. Pour the coffee on top and enjoy!
- You could also top with whipped cream and sprinkle some pumpkin pie spice, nutmeg, or cinnamon on top.
NOTE: I haven't actually tried these recipes yet. If you try them before I do, let me know how they turn out!