May 18, 2011

Death By Chocolate

I've been dreaming of this cake for a while now.  I love the Cheese Cake Factories Red Velvet  Cake Cheesecake, but unfortunately, we don't have one here in Memphis.  But I was determined to crate something similar and after some googling, I found this recipe and used the technique to create my own version of a "cheesecake cake".  
I've also had this picture stuck in the back of my mind for a while now so I put two and two together and well...it was death by chocolate.



 Chocolate Cake +Chocolate Cheesecake + Chocolate Icing + Ganache + Gold luster dust

I made a chocolate cake and sandwiched a Chocolate Cheesecake ( SO good) in between.  I highly recommend Nigella's recipe..it is divine!  I froze the layers ( so that they'd stick..and to make for easier frosting).  I covered it with a chocolate buttercream frosting and a layer of ganache.  The ganache is really what gave the incredibly rich chocolate flavor.  Oh, and I can't forget the gold luster dust...it's a must.



I'm linking this up to Jen's What I ate Wednesday :)




20 comments:

  1. oh goodness, that actually gave me the chills!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow that looks so good. p.s. i am OBSESSED w/their red velvet cheesecake at CF.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness! My mouth is watering right now! This looks so delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. SERIOUSLY??? You are so lucky I don't live in TN cause I would find you and devour this cake! OMG - your hubby is a lucky man! :) Thanks for sharing doll.
    xoxo
    -linh
    http://la-lalinh.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Are you kidding me??!!! This post is appropriately named:)
    Divine!

    ReplyDelete
  6. holy moly. chocolate, chocolate, and more chocolate all in one beautiful cake!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. seriously, if i lived closer, i would totally be over like everyday!! you bake the most amazing stuff!! so jealous! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOAH BABY!!! Ummm If I ever talk you into a guest post... puhlease let it be a baking one =) I need your talent on my blog. I only do veggies! haha

    you rock girl! happy WIAW! <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is definitely on my What I WANT to Eat Wednesday list. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. yum! looks delish. way to go! <3 EverRubyGirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow that cake looks incredible!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. yum!! that cake looks heavenly!

    ReplyDelete
  13. ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

    ReplyDelete
  14. that. looks. divine!

    kmhaskin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. OMG, it's literally death by chocolates!!

    looks soooo nyummmyyyyyyy!!!

    great post, following

    S

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I'd love to hear from you! XOXO

Next Next Next