Dec 6, 2010

Warning: This post is dangerous

....to your waistline

It's Monday.  It's exam week.  
Here's my schedule for the next 10 days

Monday (today):  Med Surg II  Exam III
Community Health Fair 

Tuesday:  Clinicals
Dosage CPE

Wednesday:  Community Presentation
Med. Surg II ATI Exam

Thursday : Study Day

Friday: Community Exam

Next Wednesday:  Med Surg II Final Exam ( I'm peeing in my pants nervous about this one..prayers and good thoughts are welcomed)

Next Thursday: Hibernate & freak out over how I did on Med. Surg final exam

Do you know someone in nursing school?  Go give them a hug.. I'm sure they'd appreciate it. :)


Regardless of if your freaking out about exams (with the addition of crying panic attacks, eye twitching, or insomnia)  or simply having a case of the Mondays  here is a little pick me up.  You deserve it. 
:)
{  The first time I made this (yes, this is my second day in a row making this...it's definitely exam week) I followed the directions and added the 4 tbsp. sugar.  Definitely way to sweet, I think 2 tbsp is more than enough}

Bon a petit!

Via

Brownie in a Mug

INGREDIENTS

4 Tbsp. flour
4 Tbsp. sugar
2 Tbsp. cocoa powder
2 Tbsp. canola, vegetable or other neutral tasting oil (melted butter works, as well)
2 Tbsp. water
1/4 tsp. vanilla
Tiny pinch of salt

METHOD

Dump everything into a mug and mix thoroughly (you don’t want any lumpy bits of flour in there). Put the mug in the microwave for about one minute, depending on your microwave (the centre should still be wet when it's done). You'll probably want to let it sit and cool for a minute or two as it's very hot!
If desired, top warm mug brownie with ice cream or whipped cream or whatever it is you enjoy on your brownie.
******************
If you want to tweak your taste experience, here are some variations you might like to try:
Substitute melted butter for the oil.
Substitute powdered (icing) sugar for the granulated sugar.
Substitute milk for the water
And here's an alternate version with a few extra ingredients:
4 Tbsp. flour
4 Tbsp. sugar
2 Tbsp. cocoa powder
1/2 tsp. baking powder
Pinch of salt
1/4 cup chocolate chips
1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
3 Tbsp. water
1/4 tsp. vanilla

 Via


3 comments:

  1. my family would adore this! Hope all your exams go fabulously.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for posting this! I can't wait to make it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Helloooo brownie in a mug. Good luck on your exams!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I'd love to hear from you! XOXO

Next Next Next