Jun 7, 2011

Memory Lane

To some, summer means the end of school, sleeping in, and family road trips.  Growing up, to me summer meant long letters that could only be read on the airplane, endless hours and days lounging by the pool, and last but not least....airports.  Whether going, coming, or seeing a friend off airports hold so many memories for me.  I've mentioned before that I'm a first generation Arab-American.  This means a ton of things, but one of my favorite things is that it means that we have family "back home".  So with the end of schools, comes the beginning of a long list of goodbyes.  So many of our friends make the trip back home during the months of June- August.  It's probably a mixture of nostalgia and a desire to go on vacation, but I found myself looking through old pictures of places I've been and would love to return to.

NYC
December 2009



Egypt

With my cousin in 2003? 2004?  

The Nile (2008)

Lebanon
June-July 2008



Being taught how to techtonik
and last but certainly not least....my favorite place of all :
Palestine

Nablus

Ramallah
Jerusalem


after all, home is where the heart is

18 comments:

  1. these are amazing. thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so jealous that you've traveled all over! That's awesome. And I hope you get rest from school this summer! You deserve it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. good memories - is always great to remember old times - and even better looking at pictures that remind you..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow...gorgeous pictures! It's so awesome to document everything with photos.

    Jayme @ Her Late Night Cravings
    http://herlatenightcravings.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great memories :) Is that your house (where you are learning how to techtonik)??? It is gorgeous. I don't even know what techtoniking is (if that's even a word), but it just sounds cool.
    xoxo
    -linh
    http://la-lalinh.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow these are fabulous photos! You've been everywhere, haven't you? That's amazing :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow, you've been to some amazing place :) my grandfather was from Lebanon.. all our family from there actually lives in colombia now, but i'd love to visit one day.. both Lebanon and Colombia :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely gorgeous pictures!!! I have always wanted to go to Lebanon!!
    xo C.

    ReplyDelete
  9. revisit them all and take me with you! <3 deal?

    xoXOxo
    Jenn @ Peas & Crayons

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love all the photos. I was in Egypt in 2006 and loved it! I lived in North Africa for awhile and met some amazing people!

    love from San Francisco,

    Britt+Whit

    ReplyDelete
  11. i want to go to all of these places!!! you look STUNNING (like always, duh!).

    ReplyDelete
  12. You've been to some amazing places! Just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! You have been to some incredible places. Thanks for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  14. such great pictures and memories. loved this post.

    ReplyDelete
  15. i can taste the ice cream from here... ah, it's the best isn't it! love the photos, the reminiscing about past travels, the desire for more.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think it is wonderful that you have been able to explore so many great places. I just have to say I LOVE you white blazer in the last photo! xo

    ReplyDelete
  17. ok, on your next trip, i'm tagging along! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Is that Rukab?? I just flew into Palestine on Saturday and itching to check that off my Must-Eat list. Will you be in Palestine this summer? Let's grab a shawerma sandwich together :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I'd love to hear from you! XOXO

Next Next Next