Jan 3, 2011

Baking Obsession

I've mentioned before that I am obsessed with baking.  It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.  Whenever a school break is nearing I am plotting out things to bake.  The only downfall is..I usually end up eating more than I should (Bad Nuha!).  I'd like to try substituting healthier ingredients like applesauce for oil, and buttermilk (lots of probiotics) for water.  Do you have any tricks or tips to healthier baking?

So another thing about me is that I am incredibly self-concious.  Major emphasis on the incredibly part.  Funny thing is I LOVE constructive criticism, and I despise comments that only serve to "make me feel good".  I'm not striving to be perfect, but I try to put 110% of my effort into everything I do.  Sometimes things work out, but more often they fail miserably.  Life is about learning isn't it?

 I've always debated whether or not to share these with you.  I've shared a few of these with you, but most of them I'm not too confident about.  But I guess since a New Years Resolution of mine is to have a little more faith in myself, I'll show you some things I've created this past year.

Fourth of July Cupcakes


Cherry Blossom Tree .  This was just for fun, I had left over icing I didn't want to waste.  I actually really like this cake. :)

 One of the "fails".  Rainbow Cake, I'm going to try to make this one again.

Tiffany's Cake box for my sister's birthday.

Chocolate covered strawberries and petit chocolate cakes for a party.

 Firetruck for the hubs birthday.  This was my first attempt at home-made fondant.  It was incredibly pliable and really hard to work with.  Anyone have any tips on toughing it up a bit?

 Remember The Story of an Ugly Cake.  This was the cake I re-made and thank God it looked a lot better.




Sugar cookies I made for a friend.
 We were rooting for argentina during World Cup 2010.





Cupcakes for my best friends Sip & See.


 My latest stresser -outer. This was for a good friends Bridal Shower.  The theme was black and gold.  (It's so hard to find an elegant black & gold cake!  Google was of NO help!)  


I've finally decided that I don't want to decorate cakes for a living.  It's way too stressful.  Cupcakes and I are friends, big cakes with fondant is a working relationship.  The cake turned out a little lop-sided.  How that happened I have no idea.  How does Cake Boss do it?!

13 comments:

  1. whoa! you are super-talented...wished i lived nearby so i could taste-test! ;) new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my gosh! you have made some beautiful stuff. i'm really impressed, and very glad you stopped by my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mouth will not stop watering. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  4. As far as using healthier ingredients, try doing things like using stevia instead of sugar, or almond meal as a substitute for flour (or at least use whole wheat instead of white, enriched). But oh my goodness your creations are ridiculously yummy looking. You can bake for me anytime! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow these are beautiful! thanks for stopping by my blog. now, i want to try and make a truck cake for my husbands birthday.

    don't forget to enter the NIVEA giveaway: http://lachapstickfanatique.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are GORGEOUS! You're very talented!!! =)

    xoXOxo
    Jenn @ Peas & Crayons

    ReplyDelete
  7. you are an amazing baker! i think it is so awesome when people rock at dessert design, everyone loves eating pretty things! keep up the amazing work!

    xo,
    cb

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are beautiful! What a fun skill to have.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So many sweets, yum! They all look fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have one very lucky man! That rainbow cake is too awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  11. you have no idea how hungry this just made me! ha

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's impressive!! BTW you looked gorgeous on your wedding. You should join my best nye look contest. Great jury and prizes!

    xx,R

    http://bikinipequeninoasbolinhasamarelas.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I'd love to hear from you! XOXO

Next Next Next